PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate the Service, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using the Service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Service who disable cookies will still be able to browse certain areas of the Service, but some features may not function, either at all or as intended.
- Personalization : We use certain cookies that allow us to store information about a user’s preferences and to personalize the Service for that user. These cookies provide us with information about the choices you while browsing. For instance, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you a version of the Site or other features of the Service that is localized for your area. We may also store preferences such as your language, text size, fonts, and other customizable site elements, and to keep track of what featured products or videos you have viewed, in order to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity.
- Security : We use certain cookies as part of the security measures we implement in order to protect our user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect the security of the Service in general. For example, we store your e-mail address and phone number in order to ensure that, when you access your account, you are indeed who say you are.
- Advertising : We use certain cookies in order to help us to display advertisements that will be relevant to a particular user. For example, for Students, these cookies will remember what subject area you are seeking tutoring services in and will enable us to recommend categories of study in line with your subject of interest. For Teachers, these cookies will remember your availability and suggest the best times that students may become available for you, in order to better monetize your use of the Service.
- Analysis : We use certain cookies in order to analyze the use and performance of the various areas and features of the Service. These cookies include your IP address, geolocation (if enabled), device type, browser type and version, operating system.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals. Kiwistix does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals, as a uniform standard for such response has not yet been established.
Similarly, California law requires website and online service operators are required to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on the Service, such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits. We do not knowingly permit such third parties to collect any personal information from our Service for their own unrelated marketing or business purposes, unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them for that purpose with your consent.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.